Tuesday, January 08, 2008

america part 1: milkshakes


chipped mint milkshake, aka pure heaven

I'm in America for the Christmas holiday, thus the blogging break. I'm eating like a maniac. Exhibit A: diner milkshakes. We estimate about 1/2 gallon of ice cream per shake, which includes a "side car," the metal cup containing the rest of the shake that couldn't fit in the shake glass. In my book, any milkshake that doesn't come with a side car isn't a milkshake at all. Oh, it was good. Especially after downing 28 oz of vanilla coke and then periodically interrupting my slurping with crispy onion rings and dripping bites of bacon cheeseburger. I love America.


our beverages - quite disturbing all stacked together


peanut butter shake - we swapped sidecars so I could eat some of it


indoctrinating our son on the fatty ways of America


bacon cheeseburger and onion rings
you just can't get burgers this deliciously greasy in CH


sliders - kiddie burgers


my husband opts for the slightly lighter option, but it still has bacon :)

5 comments:

Alice said...

MAN!!!! I never got a burger while I was there. ARGH!!!!

MamaLove said...

Good Hear that you enjoyed a Burger while here in the States! Hope you had a great Holiday and may you and your family have a Happy New Year!
Muriel

Jenna said...

Yummy! I can't wait for the next installment of American food update! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Comment on all six: Yeah, it's delicious, but this is why Americans are fat. Not you in particular. :) Just saying.

Sarah Burrell said...

You know, it IS amazing how much we American's can put away.... or at least how much the eateries here think we out to put away. It always makes me sick to think about, but you're right, it's absolutely delicious. Maybe french women aren't fat, but we American women are happy at least? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...