Wednesday, December 05, 2007

TGSE: Day Three

Around 3am last night, I got up to feed my crying baby and happened to peek in on my seed culture. It had risen all the way to the top of my 1 quart container and was pushing the lid off - AAAH! So I quickly transferred it into a bigger container, before attending to my baby. I was too sleepy to take a picture, so you'll just have to believe me. Today, I threw out half (as directed) and mixed in 4.5oz flour and 4oz water. Same tomorrow then hopefully onto the "barm" stage.


before discarding half and mixing in day 3 ingredients


after discarding half and adding day 3 ingredients


safe and sound in its new 50% bigger home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why in the world would one throw away half the batch? Why not divide it in two and have two batches? Doesn't make sense...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...