Saturday, May 26, 2007

"I make you drunk, I make you hot"


this guy works at the store and
is very helpful, in German of course

Or so goes the tagline for Heuberger, a great food store I stumbled upon a couple weeks ago in the Werd quartier, near Bahnhof Selnau. While one side of the shop sells wine, the other sides offers an enormous array of spicy things: chile powders, salsas, speciality spices. But the really fantastic thing is that right now theyare selling chile plants! They carry 19 varieties, including Jalapeño and Serrano, which I purchased yesterday. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll flourish on my little balcony so I don't have to run across town to El Maiz every time I want to make salsa this summer. In combo with my tomato and coriander plants and trusty tortilla press, I'm approaching self-sufficiency for my Mexican cooking needs. Yay!


serrano on the left, jalapeño on the right

Heuberger, Morgartenstr. 12, 8004 Zurich, Te;. 044 281 11 61
Di-Fr 11:00-19:00, Sa 10:00-17:00

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...