Friday, January 23, 2009

right on time



Another "absolute necessary" kitchen tool: my new timer, the Polder 898-90 Clock Timer Stopwatch (rec'd by Cook's). I hate my old timer (also rec'd by Cook's) because the stupid start/stop button is so loose that I have to hit it a few times before it takes and the thermometer feature is poorly calibrated. Why I love my new timer:
  • I can type in the time with the numbers, instead of repeatedly pushing an "up" button (really annoying when I need 50 mins).

  • I can type in exact seconds, if I want to be especially precise.

  • It has a "count up" feature, like a stopwatch, so I can time how long something is happening (like when I want to leave something in the oven a few more minutes and keep checking it - I can just start the stopwatch to track the time instead of constantly resetting the timer to 1 min.

  • It's super small so it fits in my pocket.

  • It has a string, so I can hang it around my neck.

One complaint: the beep is extremely loud (and not adjustable), but it does happily entertain my toddler so I'll look on the bright side.

4 comments:

Zurich Mama Geek said...

Oooooo. That's awewome. I've always wanted a timer that you could input numbers, rather than push endlessly. For now I'm using the iPod as my kitchen timer.

Jessica said...

That is a life saver... where did you buy this gem? Same place as in the other posts?

Astrid said...

I love your gadget posts! Always make me want to buy something, as if I needed the encouragement! At least they help me to buy things that might actually be useful, which is nice.

Tanya D said...

I got mine from Fantes, but it's available through many other sites, including Amazon. Glad I could help :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...