Wednesday, May 31, 2006

marvelous marbella

My friend, Rachel, made Chicken Marbella for me just after I had my first baby. It was so good we're still talking about it two years later. I finally got around to making it myself and we're hooked. I'm going to make it every week until we get sick of it. However, I found an error in my recipe, which may be contributing to our obsession for this dish. My recipe calls for either 4 chicken breasts and 4 thighs or 1 chicken quartered. I thought this was strange because 1 chicken quartered is clearly much less that 4 breasts and 4 thighs. This was especially evident when I tried "sprinkling" the cup of brown sugar over the 1 chicken quartered - that's a lot of sugar for one little bird. So when I looked for recipes on the internet, I discovered that most recipes call for at least 2 chickens quartered and some even 4, with the same ratios for the other ingredients. So the sugar in my dish has been 2-4 times the intended concentration. Shall I ignore this little detail and continue my sugary ways? Time will tell.

2 comments:

Astrid said...

I've never had chicken with sugar! I'm very intrigued, is this recipe available somewhere?

Astrid said...

Sorry about that, I just saw your link to Simply Recipes, doh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...