Friday, February 13, 2009

züri-schnürre mmh...



After this convincing argument by my significant other:
"It's not particularly good, but it's not that bad either. And you can only get it in Zürich, so you should try it."
...I decided to sample the Züri-Schnürre. It's like a hot veal spam sandwich. I don't know if it was "Mmmh..." (as advertised in the sign below) but it was tasty in a "I'm really hungry and I don't want a doner" kinda way. If you live in Zürich, you should definitely try it and maybe buy the accompanying T-Shirt. Pepito Snack is at Niederdorfstrasse 10, Zürich. Apparently, "pepito" their signature sweet mayo-like sauce that is applied to a variety of sandwiches. The sauce is tasty but they use a heavy hand so I'd recommend asking for less.  

3 comments:

Alice said...

I still like doners and wish I could find one here.

swissscrapper said...

I may have to actually try this out next time we spend an afternoon in the city! It was Tyler's glowing recommendation that won me over. heehee

Jessica said...

Looks... um.. interesting.

I am more of a doner kebab fan. And Alice, there is a great place just across from the Altstetten Bahnhof. I am not sure if they are what you have in mind but they hit the spot for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...