Sunday, February 15, 2009

poffertjes


what is hiding under that blanket of sugar?

A gold star for you if you knew what this post would be about just by reading the title. Poffertjes are tiny Dutch pancakes, similar to Danish Ebelskivers, but not filled. They are just covered with butter and a ridiculous amount of powdered sugar, as demonstrated in the picture above. I consumed these almost three years ago in Den Haag (The Hague), but it was such a fond food memory, I had to post it. This is a treat not to be missed.


the cook at the enormous specialized grill, with hundreds of little pockets ready for the batter


deftly flipping the pancakes with a special fork-like tool


the gigantic blob of butter sliding off the pile of Poffertjes


lubed up and ready for eating

3 comments:

Meike said...

I knew what the post was going to be about, but only because I have been in the Netherlands many times. :)
And also I have a pofertjes maker and a mix. So if you ever desire to have some pofertjes, just let me know.

Alice said...

I made some Aebelskivers the other day. They weren't pretty enough to blog about though. They're so freakin' hard to flip. I need one of those special tools I guess.

Julie Ramsay said...

Amazing mound of pancakes! Looks wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...